Business Intelligence Analyst, Guernsey or Jersey
Would you like to join our ambitious and friendly team? We're looking for a proactive individual with analytical and problem solving skills to join our expanding Business Intelligence (BI) team in either Guernsey or Jersey.
Working alongside Senior BI Analysts, you'll be part of a global team providing insights, analysis and reporting to the firm including the development of dashboards, technical consulting and providing wider business intelligence expertise. In return, we can offer you an exciting and challenging place to work.
If you're ready for a new challenge in a fast paced and flexible working environment, we'd really like to hear from you.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Prepare and present reports and trend analysis to internal stakeholders, in order that decision making is based on high quality, accurate analysis
• Produce analysis and intelligence in response to specific requests, to time and quality standards
• Work with stakeholders to develop the data and analysis requirements, suggesting improvements and scoping the final report format and content to meet the information and analysis needs
• Help to develop the ‘data agenda’, working with your colleagues and relevant stakeholders in the design, delivery and evaluation of information needs
• Undertake research to help identify data definitions, standards and best practice and/or develop new outputs
• Develop simple and easy to use interfaces for a variety of user groups
• Maintain and develop existing data warehouse environments including implementation, upgrade and delivery of new data solutions.
Experience, skills & technical knowledge required
• Experience in regularly collating data, analysing, modelling and providing reports
• Able to develop and support automated systems for data collection and presentation where appropriate
• Experience in coding, using solutions and providing supporting documentation as appropriate
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with experience in extracting data and bringing it together from multiple information systems/ sources
• Strong business acumen with a commercial approach as the role concentrates on drivers of financial results
• Understanding and knowledge of software development and source code repository tools, e.g. JIRA and bitbucket
• Experienced in the use of reporting tools and building data cubes – Power BI, SSRS, SSAS or other relevant technologies.
At Mourant, we nurture a culture of inclusivity and mutual respect, where people of all backgrounds and experience are equally empowered to reach their full potential. We believe in attracting, developing and enabling a diverse workforce and also welcome applications from candidates with a disability. If you understand the importance of exceptional client service and share the same passion for our values, we'd really like to hear from you.