Compliance Administrator, Hong Kong
Ready for an exciting new challenge? Our global Risk & Compliance team is looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic individual to join us in our Hong Kong office.
As a Compliance Administrator, you'll be working very closely with the Head of Compliance Asia and also as part of a dedicated, cross-jurisdictional team who deal with all aspects of client onboarding, due diligence, financial crime reviews and compliance.
In return, you'll be part of a friendly, knowledgeable team where your skills will be utilised and developed to their full potential.
If you're interested in working in a fast paced and supportive environment and have experience working in a compliance role within a financial services business or a law firm, then we'd really like to hear from you.
Main duties and responsibilities
• To be a member of Risk and Compliance Asia, and assist with conducting conflict of interest searches and associated risk reviews in connection with financial crime (Accuity, EDD, Worldcheck) and reputational risk analysis, matter inception and client due diligence for the firm (including regulated businesses) globally
• To assist the Head of Compliance, Asia on coverage of fee earner inquiries, client take-on and due diligence on matter opening and maintenance to ensure effective and timely service is provided to the firm
• To escalate higher risk business to the Head of Compliance Asia (or other R&C manager as appropriate), as set out in the team procedures and in conjunction with the relevant MLRO
• To provide absence cover for certain activities of the Head of Compliance Asia, as appropriate, from time to time
• To conduct financial crime reviews (Accuity, EDD) associated with new entities during a matter and take a view on any findings that may impact risk assessment having regard to the firm's policies, procedures and risk appetite
• To communicate with clients (both individual and representatives of corporate clients) on CDD requirements as part of take-on or periodic review process
• To identify any improvements to enhance risk management in client onboarding and CDD
• Escalate any unusual or higher risk matters to the Head of Compliance, Asia, or appropriate person in the R&C team, as appropriate
• To assist in managing specific controls, including maintaining and reporting on higher risk areas of business as part of the GCTOT activities. This includes, but is not limited to, PEPs, high risk matters/clients, conflicts, price sensitive information, authority lists and approved intermediaries/introducers
• To comply with core controls and maintenance of client and entity risk management records in accordance with applicable policies and procedures
• To collaborate with other Risk and Compliance team members and stakeholders of the firm, as appropriate, on client risk issues, processes, reporting and specific escalations
Experience, skills & technical knowledge required
• The successful candidate will be expected to hold relevant professional qualifications or agree to undertake study
• At least one year of experience working in a CDD/client take-on role within a Financial Services Business or law firm
• Experience of working with lawyers or professionals, client due diligence documents and data management systems
• Knowledge of offshore law firm services in Hong Kong preferred. Knowledge of associated corporate and fiduciary services, including complex structures, in Jersey and/or Guernsey, Cayman, BVI, Hong Kong and UK considered desirable
• Knowledge of AML and CFT regulations for law firms and regulated fiduciary and corporate services including Cayman, BVI or Hong Kong required
• Good IT skills in connection with Power Point and Excel, Word and Outlook and ability to learn and use multiple client administration and risk management systems
• Works well with a high volume of information requiring a time sensitive response with the ability to learn and follow contingent and complex procedures
• Proactive team player and ability to effectively support the Head of Compliance Asia and work collaboratively with GCTOT and the business. Enjoys a transparent group environment with work allocated from a central source
• Strong organisational, analytical and time priortisation skills; ability to effectively multi-task
• Ability to learn pragmatic risk management skills balanced with an understanding of client service
• Ability to communicate professionally both verbally and in writing with clients in English and Mandarin. Ability to communicate effectively internally within R&C and the business.
At Mourant, we nurture a culture of inclusivity and mutual respect, where people of all backgrounds and experience are equally empowered to reach their full potential. We believe in attracting, developing and enabling a diverse workforce. If you understand the importance of exceptional client service and share the same passion for our values, we'd really like to hear from you.