Compliance Administrator, Jersey
Duties and Responsibilities
Your primary duties and responsibilities will be to:
• To undertake a range of compliance and risk management duties, which will be focused on ensuring Mourant (the Firm, including the regulated businesses) regulatory obligations and risk management objectives are fulfilled. These include obligations that are determined by applicable laws and regulations covering anti-money laundering (AML), financial services businesses, data protection and confidentiality requirements, the Law Society Codes and the Mourant Group's own compliance and risk management policies and standards.
• To foster a culture of compliance across the Firm and assist the Head of Jersey Compliance and the Chief Risk and Compliance Officer to identify, assess, and adequately mitigate regulatory compliance risks to ensure that the Firm's regulatory compliance and related operational risks are satisfactorily managed.
• To be a member of the Risk and Compliance team located in Jersey and be primarily accountable for: conduct the compliance monitoring plan for the law firm and regulated entities, conduct AML third party reviews (ie Eligible Introducer reviews and periodic high risk & PEP reviews), lead contact for Incident reporting management, reporting and liaison with insurers, conduct induction and other face-to-face training in Jersey and horizon scanning for regulatory developments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Main components to the role which are applicable across the law firm and regulated businesses:
o To conduct in a timely manner the annual Compliance Monitoring Plan (CMP) for various legal entities and regulated businesses in accordance with the global CMP plan as set by R&C
o To produce reports, communicate issues documented from the CMP reviews and follow up on remediation CMP to relevant business stakeholders
o To be a co-lead contact on managing the Incident database, new and updated incidents process, producing reports and liaison with the insurance brokers/insurers
o To conduct third party AML related on-site and remote reviews, such as Eligible Introducer reviews in Jersey
o To conduct high risk and PEP rolling reviews across various jurisdictions
o To assist in triaging AML alerts generated from automated AML screening tool
o To conduct face-to-face induction and other Compliance related training in Jersey
o To assist the Jersey Head of Compliance to conduct horizon scanning of regulatory and other relevant legal and economic developments across various jurisdictions primarily Jersey, UK, Hong Kong and BVI
• To provide absence cover in the Risk and Compliance team, from time to time
• To assist the Jersey Head of Compliance and Chief Risk and Compliance Officer from time to time on ad hoc requests
• To identify and if appropriate, implement process and other improvements to enhance overall risk management and the compliance program.
• Escalate any substantive risk issues to the Jersey Head of Compliance, Chief Risk and Compliance Officer or other appropriate person.
• To collaborate with the Risk and Compliance team and other Business Services and fee earners across the Firm globally, as appropriate.
• Participate and assist in the improvement of periodic compliance and business reporting.
Minimum Education / Qualifications
• The successful candidate will be expected to hold relevant professional qualification.
• At least 2 years of experience working in a Compliance, Risk or operational control- type function within a Financial Services Business or law firm.
• Experience of working with lawyers or professionals, client due diligence documents and matter management systems.
Technical Knowledge / Skills Required
• A good knowledge of regulated law firm activities and associated corporate and fiduciary services, including complex structures, in Jersey and/or Guernsey, Cayman, BVI, HK, UK.
• Works well with a high volume of information with the ability to organize in a coherent manner.
• Ability to lead compliance monitoring reviews and follow the accepted protocol to structure, conduct and report on reviews across various types of data and regulatory subject areas.
• Proactive team player and ability to effectively support and train others.
• Superior organizational, analytical and time priotization skills.
• Pragmatic risk management skills balanced with an understanding of client service.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Good IT skills, in particular Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Ability to learn new client administration and business take-on systems.
Management / Supervisory Responsibilities
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable adjustments may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the environment is moderate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable adjustments may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Infrequent travel may be required.
• Long periods of sitting at a desk and reviewing records on a computer screen.
Status of Job Description
The job description detailed above does not form part of the employee's terms and conditions of employment and may be amended from time to time. Any amendment will be notified to you. The description is, however, intended as guidance as to what is expected in the proper and efficient performance of the role and may be considered in assessing the employee's performance.
At Mourant, we nurture a culture of inclusivity and mutual respect, where people of all backgrounds and experience are equally empowered to reach their full potential. We believe in attracting, developing and enabling a diverse workforce and also welcome applications from candidates with a disability. If you understand the importance of exceptional client service and share the same passion for our values, we'd really like to hear from you.