Compliance Manager - Jersey
We're looking for an experienced, goal-focussed Compliance Manager to join our Risk & Compliance team in Jersey.
As the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) and Money Laundering Compliance Officer (MLCO) for client entities, with the opportunity to act as Compliance Officer for Mourant Governance Services Jersey, you'll report directly to the Chief Risk and Compliance Officer and will work closely with the Jersey Mourant Governance Services senior leadership team.
In return, you can be sure that your work will be varied with the exposure to challenging and complex work.
If you'd like to be part of our ambitious, forward-thinking team, where your skills will be used and developed to their full potential, whilst you keep our business and teams operating in a safe and compliant way, we'd really like to hear from you!
Main duties and responsibilities
- • Act as MLCO and MLRO for client entities
- • Act as a Compliance Officer (CO) and MLCO for Mourant Governance Services Jersey
- • Draft and present quarterly compliance reporting in connection with MLCO/MLRO roles to client boards and Mourant Governance Services board.
- • Analyse new legal and regulatory requirements relating to your role, to maintain our strong compliance culture and identify areas where new or improved policies and procedures are required
- • Ensure our Mourant Governance Services team and client boards are fully familiar with our AML/CFT obligations and with our controls framework, through the provision of relevant training
- • Work closely with Mourant Governance Services and broader Risk and Compliance teams to develop and maintain a full compliance programme for both the client funds and Mourant Governance Services business
- • Be a leader in the Risk and Compliance team, assist on key initiatives where appropriate and drive continuous improvement and innovation
Experience, skills & technical knowledge required
- • You should hold a suitable professional services, compliance or legal qualification
- • You should have at least 5 – 10 years' proven experience in a Compliance and/or Risk management position within a regulated TCB and/or FSB
- • Proven ability to undertake the registered roles in a fast paced, client facing environment
- • Considerable experience in TCB/FSB AML/KYC and the relevant regulatory/ supervisory law and regulations in Jersey with the ability to analyse and advise on these to a wide group of internal and external stakeholders
- • You should be able to demonstrate a focus on client service delivery and training as a pragmatic risk manager as we'll be relying on you to help keep our business and teams operating in a safe and compliant way
- • Excellent research and verbal and written communication skills paired with a keen eye for detail
- • Experience in dealing with regulators/auditors, senior management and boards on regulatory issues
- • Experience of dealing with the identification, testing and implementation of systems, controls and policies and procedures to adequately meet the needs of regulated client entities
At Mourant, we nurture a culture of inclusivity and mutual respect, where people of all backgrounds and experience are equally empowered to reach their full potential. We believe in attracting, developing and enabling a diverse workforce. If you understand the importance of exceptional client service and share the same passion for our values, we'd really like to hear from you.