Director - Mourant Consulting, Jersey
Are you a talented consultant or looking to step into a consulting role in Jersey? We're looking for an energetic and experienced individual to help shape and grow an exciting new business. Supporting the Managing Director of Mourant Consulting, you'll be directly involved in building a regulatory and compliance consulting business, collaborating with colleagues across Mourant. If you're a Chartered Accountant with at least 5 years' post-qualification experience, along with previous consulting experience and have in-depth knowledge of the Jersey regulatory regime, you could help shape our business and we'd love to hear from you.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Support the Managing Director to build a profitable regulatory and compliance consulting business under the Mourant brand.
• Implement the vision and strategy for Mourant Consulting, consistently with the firm-wide vision.
• Assist the Managing Director in establishing the operating model.
• Work collaboratively to ensure consultancy services are consistent with the 'one firm' approach.
• Liaise with the Business Services team for support and collaborate with Business Services Heads to ensure policies, procedures, systems and controls are followed in practice.
• Maintain governance and reporting framework for the consulting business, ensuring it is in line with best practice for the industry and Mourant's strategy and reputation.
• Keep abreast of all regulatory changes and industry standards for the purpose of providing relevant products and services.
• As the team grows, recruit, lead and manage a team of consultants.
• Provide technical advice on products and services to clients, as well as coaching and mentoring to other team members to ensure proficiency.
• Ensure high quality client service levels by delivering on client mandates independently or if appropriate, work with colleagues collaboratively to ensure they are delivered effectively, to a high standard and meet deadlines.
• Manage client expectations and nurture relationships to increase the potential for repeat business and referrals.
• Support the Managing Director with business development and client mandate proposals.
Experience, skills & technical knowledge required
• You will be educated to degree level in either accounting, or business management or similar.
• You will be a Chartered Accountant with at least 5 years' post qualification experience.
• Previous experience of being a consultant is essential.
• An in-depth knowledge of the Jersey regulatory regime is essential and experience of other jurisdictions is desirable.
• Proven commercial acumen, demonstrating how to maximise organisational and financial effectiveness, whilst managing risk.
• You will have a deep understanding of clients' needs and consistently exceed their expectations.
• Possess strong intellectual rigour with a desire to build and maintain technical skills and expertise.
At Mourant, we nurture a culture of inclusivity and mutual respect, where people of all backgrounds and experience are equally empowered to reach their full potential. We believe in attracting, developing and enabling a diverse workforce and also welcome applications from candidates with a disability. If you understand the importance of exceptional client service and share the same passion for our values, we'd really like to hear from you.