Director, Private Wealth Mourant Governance Services, Jersey
Are you an experienced client-facing Director with a passion for delivering first-class client service to UHNW families? We're looking for an energetic and innovative individual who is an enthusiastic team player and enjoys building trusted client relationships.
In this role, you'll be responsible for the ongoing development and management of our private wealth services that is consistent with the firm's vision, values and strategy, compliant with all applicable regulatory requirements, and meets best practice in corporate governance. You'll be integral to the success of our high performing services model and work closely with our Jersey Managing Director and Mourant Partners, to ensure that Mourant Governance Services continues to be fully integrated with the rest of the Mourant network as part of our 'one-firm' approach.
If you'd like to help shape our governance services business and be part of our ambitious and award winning team, we'd love to hear from you.
Main duties and responsibilities
- • Work closely with the partners in our law firm in relevant areas on business development, including playing a leading role in client pitches and business development activities.
- • Responsible for a portfolio of UHNWI private wealth clients and ensure that client relationships and transactions are managed efficiently and to a high standard.
- • Act as a role model to all colleagues and assist with developing teams of motivated, highly proficient governance professionals who act in accordance with the firm's values.
- • Ensure that all relevant colleagues have an understanding of the transactions they are working on, provide technical support and training to them as and when required.
- • Ensure client expectations are properly managed and valuable relationships are nurtured so as to preserve and maintain our reputation and the potential for repeat work and referrals.
- • Effectively manage the day-to-day activities of team members reporting to you to include timely and accurate work, meeting deadlines, managing WIP and debt.
- • Ensure consistency of client service levels across all relevant colleagues and deal swiftly with any identified issues.
- • Become a go-to expert on the firm's policies & procedures and uphold them at all times.
- • Show an awareness of the integration of the Mourant Governance Services Jersey office with Mourant Governance Services in other jurisdictions, operating in a unified, consistent and co-ordinated manner.
- • Support a unified, consistent and co-ordinated approach with our law firm.
- • Build trusting professional relationships with, and collaborate effectively with, the firm's Risk and Compliance team, keep abreast of all relevant regulatory changes and industry standards.
Experience, skills & technical knowledge required
- • Deep knowledge of the market for private wealth services to UNHWI clients, and strong connections with the onshore intermediaries operating in that market.
- • Ability to manage and prioritise tasks, time and people in order to meet deadlines.
- • Highly-developed interpersonal skills; a real team player.
- • Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- • Pro-active and service-orientated approach.
- • Drive, ambition, an objective-setter who achieves goals.
- • Highly-developed skills in (a) identifying risk, especially foreign tax risk, complex fiduciary risk and financial crime risk and (b) managing such risk, including by obtaining, understanding and implementing advice.
- • Discretion and demonstrable good judgement.
- • Ability to work independently.
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
At Mourant, we nurture a culture of inclusivity and mutual respect, where people of all backgrounds and experience are equally empowered to reach their full potential. We believe in attracting, developing and enabling a diverse workforce. If you understand the importance of exceptional client service and share the same passion for our values, we'd really like to hear from you.