Finance Operations and Reporting Manager, Guernsey or Jersey
We're looking for an enthusiastic Finance Operations and Reporting Manager to lead our day to day global finance operations.
You'll play a key role in ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency of financial processes in operation, working with the Chief Finance Officer and Head of Finance, assuming responsibility for the cash management and forecasting of the firm's cash position.
In return, you can expect an excellent collaborative and progressive environment within a supportive team. If you have a proven track record of successfully managing, supporting and developing a team, we'd like to hear from you!
Main duties and responsibilities
• Lead Finance Operations across a number of locations, ensuring that it is an effective, well controlled and user friendly service for the firm
• Ensure that there are effective and efficient financial processes in operation, re-engineering and implementing changes as needed, including deploying new software and procedures.
• Ensure that all policies and procedures are kept up to date in line with the firms control framework
• Act as a lead point of contact for accounts payable and accounts receivable matters and responsible for all bank reconciliations and operational audits.
• Liaise with suppliers and internal stakeholders to progress account queries through to resolution.
• Work with the Chief Finance Officer and Head of Finance, assuming responsibility for the cash management and forecasting of the firms cash position.
• Lead on the firms cash flow forecasting and treasury management and operational overview of the firms banking platforms
Financial Planning & Analysis
• Lead on the budgeting, reporting and review of Business Services costs and support financial planning and analysis, working with the Head of Finance and CFO.
• Support the firm's financial strategy by ensuring the flow of financial information to key stakeholders.
Experience, skills & technical knowledge required
• Proven track record of successfully operating at a management level within a partnership culture and/or professional services environment.
• Strong team player with ability to lead and motivate a team of experienced finance professionals, spread across a number of locations and develop effective working relationships with client facing and support departments alike.
• Confident and effective communicator able to work effectively at all levels within an organisation. Able to build effective relationships with peers across the Finance team.
• Strong personal organisational and time management skills and the ability to understand and prioritise the workload of others.
• Strong working knowledge of financial reporting systems and their application within a large and complex business.
• Able to demonstrate high levels of initiative and decision making capability and to be comfortable working within a results driven environment with accuracy and focus.
At Mourant, we nurture a culture of inclusivity and mutual respect, where people of all backgrounds and experience are equally empowered to reach their full potential. We believe in attracting, developing and enabling a diverse workforce. If you understand the importance of exceptional client service and share the same passion for our values, we'd really like to hear from you.