HR Business Partner, Guernsey
We're looking for an experienced and passionate HR Business Partner to join our HR team in Guernsey.
Working as part of our global HR team, you'll support the delivery of our ambitious people focussed strategy by partnering with multiple leaders to understand the specific needs and challenges of their business area, and delivering an expert HR service in line with those needs.
This role will require strong relationship building skills and the ability to manage varied and interesting challenges, including employee relations, employee engagement, recruitment, talent management, reward, and change management.
If you'd like to join an award winning and forward thinking firm whose culture recognises that its people are fundamental to its success, and you have a proven track record in HR, we'd love to hear from you.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Act as the first point of contact for any employee relations issues within the business area. Coach and develop managers to manage issues using appropriate policies and procedures with a view to resolving informally, where possible
• Focus on employee engagement, highlighting any potential issues with the relevant people manager or Practice Area Lead. Provide advice and coaching on how to address areas requiring attention
• Identify and plan for resource needs, considering all options to fill the gap, including internal moves, developmental assignments and recruitment of external hires. Participate in interviewing and plan for their successful integration, operating as a 'go-to' person as they become established
• Support managers to effectively implement professional growth initiatives, including driving the annual performance cycle (goal planning, performance coaching and performance reviews)
• Support managers to plan for salary and bonus reviews, ensuring a holistic assessment of position, performance and market trends as an input to reward decisions
• Act as a key stakeholder for the global HR team in the innovation and implementation of change initiatives. Tailor centrally-designed programmes to fit with business area or jurisdictional needs and ensure adequate communication and support for implementation
• Over time, participate in the development of processes to support strategic decisions around promotions, succession planning and diversity to build an effective organisation that meets current needs while being focused on future growth
In addition to the duties listed above, you may be required to perform any other ad hoc duties or projects as requested by your Manager
Experience, skills & technical knowledge required
• Relevant undergraduate degree or equivalent
• CIPD qualified (Graduate or Member status)
• Minimum three years relevant HR generalist experience (ideally with a minimum of two years working in a Legal or Partnership environment)
• Experience of advising managers on employee relations matters such as discipline, grievance, performance management, sickness, absence and recruitment
• Experience with HR systems
• Experience of working within a global HR team
• Relationship building skills with a focus on excellent client service
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence
• Collaborative working style, both with the broader HR team and the business
• Professional maturity including confidentiality and sensitivity in dealing with employee relations matters
• Commercial acumen
• Proactive approach
At Mourant, we nurture a culture of inclusivity and mutual respect, where people of all backgrounds and experience are equally empowered to reach their full potential. We believe in attracting, developing and enabling a diverse workforce. If you understand the importance of exceptional client service and share the same passion for our values, we'd really like to hear from you.