Human Resources Officer, Business Partnering Team, Jersey
Are you looking for the next step in your HR career? We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic HR professional to join our HR Business Partnering Team.
As part of our ambitious global HR team, you'll be supporting the HR Business Partners (HRBP) to deliver a seamless, client focused HR service to the law firm and our Governance Services business. In this role, your work will be varied and challenging, dealing with generalist HR areas such as employee relations, recruitment and data interpretation and analysis.
You'll demonstrate a commercial awareness coupled with excellent organisation and communication skills, and in return, you'll be provided with many opportunities for professional growth in a collaborative and supportive environment.
If you'd like to join an award winning and forward thinking firm whose culture recognises that its people are fundamental to its success, and you have relevant experience in HR, we'd love to hear from you.
Main duties and responsibilities
- • Support the HRBP team to provide consistent and relevant advice to Partners and Managers on employee relations matters
- • Support employee relations processes in line with firm policies, coaching managers where appropriate
- • Develop strong relationships with stakeholders in business areas and become a key point of contact for HR queries
- • Provide a focus on employee engagement, by helping to coordinate employee engagement surveys, highlighting any potential issues with the relevant HRBP, and working collaboratively to find innovative solutions
- • Monitor and analyse management information relating to attrition, reward, resourcing and performance
- • Provide effective support in recruitment and onboarding processes, including attending interviews and planning for the candidate's successful integration to the team
- • Perform an active role in driving forward HR related projects and change management initiatives
- • Over time, participate in the development of processes to support strategic decisions around promotions, succession planning and diversity to build an effective organisation that meets current needs while being focused on future growth. Ensure awareness of high potential individuals and critical positions.
Experience, skills & technical knowledge required
• Relevant undergraduate degree or equivalent
• CIPD qualified (Graduate or Member status)
• Minimum three years relevant HR generalist experience
• Experience of advising managers on employee relations matters such as discipline, grievance, performance management, sickness, absence and recruitment
• Experience with HR systems
• Experience of working within a global HR team
• Experience of working in a legal or partnership environment
• Relationship building skills with a focus on excellent customer service
• Strong communication skills with the ability to influence
• Collaborative working style, both with the broader HR team and the business
• Professional maturity including confidentiality and sensitivity in dealing with employee relations matters
• Proactive problem solving approach
• Solid commercial acumen
At Mourant, we nurture a culture of inclusivity and mutual respect, where people of all backgrounds and experience are equally empowered to reach their full potential. We believe in attracting, developing and enabling a diverse workforce. If you understand the importance of exceptional client service and share the same passion for our values, we'd really like to hear from you.