Information Security Analyst, Guernsey or Jersey
Ready for a new challenge? We're looking for an enthusiastic Information Security Analyst to join our global Information Services team in either Guernsey or Jersey. Working alongside the Chief Information Security Officer and the wider IT team, you'll be instrumental in evaluating emerging security threats, conducting security assessments and managing our ISO 27001 certification.
This exciting new opportunity would suit someone with good grounding in Information Technology an excellent eye for detail. In return, you can be sure to develop both personally and professionally with exposure to challenging and complex work.
If you've a questioning mind with a passion to tackle one of the biggest challenges organisations face today, we'd really like to hear from you.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Research and evaluate emerging security threats and propose ways to manage and/or mitigate them
• Assist with the planning and testing for disaster recovery and business continuity in the event of any security breaches
• Assist with monitoring and review activities for attacks, intrusions and unusual, unauthorised or illegal activity including 'phishing' emails
• Assist with audits and security assessments both run internally and by external parties, and the testing and evaluation of security products
• Assist with the management and maintenance of the ISO 27001 certification documentation and audit requirements
• Help to identify potential weaknesses and work with the infrastructure team to implement measures, such as firewalls and encryption
• Assist with the investigation of security events, alerts and with incident response
• Generate reports for both technical and non-technical employees and stakeholders.
Experience, skills & technical knowledge required
• Ideally hold a recognised qualification in computer science, information systems or a related discipline or relevant equivalent experience
• Hold or interested in working towards an industry recognised security qualification e.g. Security+ or CISMP
• Ideally be able to demonstrate experience of working within a security team, analysing and applying information security, risk management and privacy practices.
At Mourant, we nurture a culture of inclusivity and mutual respect, where people of all backgrounds and experience are equally empowered to reach their full potential. We believe in attracting, developing and enabling a diverse workforce and also welcome applications from candidates with a disability. If you understand the importance of exceptional client service and share the same passion for our values, we'd really like to hear from you.