Infrastructure Engineer, Guernsey or Jersey
Ready for a new challenge? We've a great opportunity for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to join our global Information Services team.
In this role, you'll be responsible for the smooth running, support and maintenance of our firm's global infrastructure and operations. We're looking for a motivated individual who has a strong operational focus and is skilled in communicating across the team and wider global business.
In return, we can provide a forward thinking, exciting place to work in a supportive environment. If you've experience in a similar role and would like to join our award winning team, we'd really like to hear from you.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Ensure the network services (and relevant infrastructure) are performing as required, carrying out any remedial action as required.
- Conduct changes to production systems in line with change management processes.
- Collaborating with other IT teams to resolve software, hardware and operational problems.
- Ensure all servers and infrastructure components are kept up-to-date with necessary operating system and infrastructure related security updates.
- Recovering key technologies in the event of a BC or DR scenario.
- Help shape, develop and refine operational processes to improve confidentiality, integrity and availability.
Experience, skills & technical knowledge required
- Ideally, you should have at least five years' experience working within an infrastructure or technical support role and hold a recent MTA or MCSA qualification, or have the equivalent experience and knowledge.
- A broad understanding of infrastructure technologies and ideas such as the CompTIA A+, Server+, Network+ and Security+ are essential.
- Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Active Directory and Windows Server operating systems (Server 2019, 2016, 2012)
- Knowledge in messaging (Microsoft Exchange, Mimecast)
- Knowledge of server virtualisation (VMware vSphere, ESXi, Site Recovery Manager)
- Knowledge of remote access technologies (Citrix, SSL/TLS VPN)
- Knowledge of backup and restore technology (Commvault)
- Knowledge of email archiving and journaling (Microsoft Exchange, Veritas Enterprise Vault)
- A proven track record in similar organisations supporting a medium sized business.
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight time constraints.
- Willing to take responsibility for the ownership of a task and see it through to completion.
- Good problem solving and methodical troubleshooting skills.
- A good team player who uses initiative and is self-motivated.
- Curious about industry developments and how they help or hinder business.
At Mourant, we nurture a culture of inclusivity and mutual respect, where people of all backgrounds and experience are equally empowered to reach their full potential. We believe in attracting, developing and enabling a diverse workforce and also welcome applications from candidates with a disability. If you understand the importance of exceptional client service and share the same passion for our values, we'd really like to hear from you.