Knowledge Assistant 1 year FTC, London
Would you like to be part of our team? We're seeking an experienced Knowledge Assistant to join our global Knowledge Management team on a one year fixed term contract in London.
In this role, you'll be responsible for providing day-to-day administrative support to our Caribbean practice areas, maintenance of the firm's library materials and knowledge assets, assisting with the provision of a global research service, and helping out on a diverse range of exciting projects.
If you've experience in a similar role within an international law firm and keen to help deliver critical services to our people worldwide, we would like to hear from you!
Main duties and responsibilities
- Adding, replacing and removing documents and multimedia materials on the knowledge systems
- Ensuring accurate and timely saving of all knowledge collections in relevant databases
- Maintaining Caribbean legislation and case law resources
- Processing hard-copy library materials for the Cayman and Hong Kong Libraries in liaison with staff in these locations (journal check-in, cataloguing new books)
- Supporting the Knowledge Operations Manager in the management of the firm's hardcopy and online collections, including ordering of hardcopy materials
- Maintaining and distributing horizon scanning trackers and emails
- Dealing with basic enquiries and document requests using a global enquiry system
- Maintaining schedule of Caribbean knowledge training sessions
- Assisting Knowledge Operations Manager with other initiatives and projects as required
Experience, skills & technical knowledge required
- Previous experience in a law firm or other professional services environment
- Excellent technical skills in MS Word, Outlook, Powerpoint and Excel
- Library experience or qualifications desirable but not essential
- A high degree of initiative, pro-activity and practical problem solving skills and a willingness to take ownership for the completion of tasks or projects
- A client focused approach with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi task and re-priortise when needed to meet urgent deadlines or changed priorities
- Professional, approachable with the ability to successfully work as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail.
At Mourant, we nurture a culture of inclusivity and mutual respect, where people of all backgrounds and experience are equally empowered to reach their full potential. We believe in attracting, developing and enabling a diverse workforce and also welcome applications from candidates with a disability. If you understand the importance of exceptional client service and share the same passion for our values, we'd really like to hear from you.