Manager, Global Operations, Mourant Governance Services, Guernsey or Jersey
If you like solving problems, working with colleagues in other jurisdictions, making process improvements and helping others to excel we have the role for you! We're looking for an experienced Operations Manager with a passion to deliver the tools and knowledge to empower our growing team in our provision of fiduciary, administration and governance services.
You'll work closely with the Head of Risk & Controls on the development and maintenance of a global framework of policies, procedures and processes for Mourant Governance Services. In this global role, you can be sure to gain an in depth understanding of how our professional services business operates and have exposure to varied and challenging work.
If you'd like to be part of our ambitious team, we'd really like to hear from you.
Main duties and responsibilities
- • Update and develop policies and procedures for Mourant Governance Services in each of the Cayman Islands, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Jersey and the UK. This will involve both independent research and working collaboratively with the management team in each jurisdiction, to ensure that our policies and procedures are clear, effective and fully compliant with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- • Analyse new legal and regulatory requirements (working closely with Mourant Governance Services In-House Counsel), to secure our compliance culture and identify areas where new or improved policies and procedures are required.
- • Provide or arrange relevant training for the Mourant Governance Services team on our policies and procedures, so that the team are familiar with our controls framework and have the opportunity to ask questions.
- • Manage templates, checklists and processes across the business, so that these are as consistent and easy to use as possible.
- • Assist the Head of Risk & Controls to proactively identify and assess risks and controls; ensuring that the correct control framework is in place across the Mourant Governance Services business to protect our business and enhance client service delivery.
- • Work with our Business Services teams (such as Risk & Compliance and HR) in connection with their policies and procedures, to ensure a joined up approach to legal and regulatory compliance.
- • Receive and review feedback requests from team members in each jurisdiction, recognising that this feedback is vital for our policies and procedures to remain user-friendly and effective.
- • Identify and implement workflow and process improvements across the business to drive efficiency, alongside the rest of the Operations Team.
- • Keep abreast of relevant legal and regulatory changes and industry standards, to drive continuous improvement.
These duties can be performed on a part-time or flexible working basis. The most important thing to us is that you're enthusiastic, capable, and love a challenge!
Experience, skills & technical knowledge required
- • Ideally, you should be educated to degree level or equivalent, with a suitable accounting, governance or legal qualification
- • Proven experience in a relevant role at a regulated business
- • In addition to excellent written and verbal skills, and technical knowledge of best practice when it comes to drafting policies and procedures, we're looking for someone who has a genuine desire to help and support people
- • You should be able to demonstrate a focus on client service delivery and training, as we'll be relying on you to help keep our business and teams operating in a safe and compliant way
- • We often work collaboratively, to secure the best outcome for our teams and our clients. You should be comfortable working as part of a team, as well as independently – taking charge of your own workload and proactively suggesting areas you'd like to get involved with
At Mourant, we nurture a culture of inclusivity and mutual respect, where people of all backgrounds and experience are equally empowered to reach their full potential. We believe in attracting, developing and enabling a diverse workforce. If you understand the importance of exceptional client service and share the same passion for our values, we'd really like to hear from you.