Paralegal, International Trusts & Private Client, Guernsey
Would you like to join our award winning team? We're looking for a Paralegal with a strong academic background to be part of our ambitious International Trusts & Private Client department in Guernsey.
In this role, you'll actively support the day-to-day running of the practice area, under the supervision of our experienced and friendly team.
You can be sure that your work will be varied with the exposure to challenging and complex work. In return, we can offer you focused mentoring and support to ensure that you continue to grow both personally and professionally.
If you've a passion for a career in law and are ready to join our team, we'd really like to hear from you.
Main duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision and support of our Partners and fee-earners, you will:
- • Review and prepare documents to support senior fee earners
- • Conduct relevant client verification processes
- • Undertake various legal research tasks
- • Act as the point of contact for clients and intermediaries
- • Manage discreet matters
Experience, skills & technical knowledge required
- • A law degree (or equivalent)
- • Demonstrate technical skill and commercial awareness in delivering legal services to meet client demands
- • Understand the importance of confidentiality and business integrity
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- • Effective time management and organisation skills
- • Be ambitious with an eagerness to develop your law career
- • Strong academic achievement
- • Good IT skills, with a proficiency in the main Microsoft applications
At Mourant, we nurture a culture of inclusivity and mutual respect, where people of all backgrounds and experience are equally empowered to reach their full potential. We believe in attracting, developing and enabling a diverse workforce. If you understand the importance of exceptional client service and share the same passion for our values, we'd really like to hear from you.