Project Manager/Business Analyst (Fixed-Term Contract) - Jersey
If you've got a strong background in project management and business analysis, within a financial or legal services environment, we'd really like to hear from you! We're looking for a proactive Project Manager/Business Analyst to join our team, on a fixed term basis, to manage the analysis and delivery of a number of key, multi-jurisdictional projects.
If you have experience in a similar role, have worked with ViewPoint and iManage, and are ready for a new challenge, we'd really like to hear from you.
Main duties and responsibilities
- • Undertaking business and system analysis, working with the relevant stakeholders to develop and define the business and data requirements, suggesting improvements as appropriate within the scope of the solutions to be implemented.
- • Analysing the relevant business policies and procedures, working with the technical subject matter experts to ensure understanding.
- • Ensuring the requirements are successfully progressed through to testing and implementation.
- • Defining, shaping and setting up the appropriate governance structure to deliver the assigned projects in line with best practice, managing risks, issues, decisions and actions; escalating as appropriate.
- • Engaging with the relevant stakeholders across all teams globally to deliver the assigned projects.
- • Managing direct and indirect project resources to identify capacity constraints and identify solutions to fulfil shortfalls, ensuring projects are delivered within agreed timeframes.
- • Monitoring and evaluating the progress of assigned projects and formally reporting progress to the Head of Programme Delivery and Operational Excellence and key stakeholders.
- • Setting up and monitoring project plans and budgets, implementing controls and escalation procedures.
- • Working collaboratively with all practice groups and support teams, including Mourant Governance Services.
- • Undertaking Project Management and Business Analysis duties for ad hoc projects and initiatives, as agreed with the Head of Programme Delivery and Operational Excellence.
Experience, skills & technical knowledge required
- • Experience of iManage and ViewPoint is essential.
- • Proven track record in project delivery and successful system implementations/upgrades, using different project management techniques – Prince 2, Agile and MSP is desirable.
- • Proven track record in business analysis, using the appropriate tools/techniques to define requirements and document processes – Lean Six Sigma, ISEB certifications are desirable.
- • Proven track record in dealing with stakeholders globally.
- • Demonstrable capability to manage complex, multi-jurisdictional projects through to successful completion.
- • Proven solution-orientated critical thinking with the ability to drive effective operational change and create unified and collaborative ways of working across the firm.
- • Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong understanding of change management and the alignment of this to the firm's culture, values and people.
- • Attention to detail with the ability to work closely and effectively with a diverse group of people at all levels and to establish and maintain effective and productive working relationships.
- • Strong IT and presentation skills (verbal and written).
- • Excellent analytical skills with proven strength in understanding complex business processes and problems (within a legal or financial services environment).
- • Ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload.
At Mourant, we nurture a culture of inclusivity and mutual respect, where people of all backgrounds and experience are equally empowered to reach their full potential. We believe in attracting, developing and enabling a diverse workforce. If you understand the importance of exceptional client service and share the same passion for our values, we'd really like to hear from you.