Project Manager/Business Analyst - Guernsey or Jersey
If you've got a strong background in project management and business analysis, within a financial or legal services environment, we'd really like to hear from you! We're looking for a proactive Project Manager/Business Analyst to join our team, to manage the analysis and delivery of a number of key, multi-jurisdictional projects.
If you have experience in a similar role, and are ready for a new challenge, we'd really like to hear from you.
Main duties and responsibilities
- • Analysing the relevant business policies and procedures, working with the technical subject matter experts to ensure understanding.
- • Ensuring the requirements are successfully progressed through to testing and implementation.
- • Defining, shaping and setting up the appropriate governance structure to deliver the assigned projects in line with best practice, managing risks, issues, decisions and actions; escalating as appropriate.
- • Engaging with the relevant stakeholders across all teams globally to deliver the assigned projects.
- • Managing direct and indirect project resources to identify capacity constraints and identify solutions to fulfil shortfalls, ensuring projects are delivered within agreed timeframes.
- • Monitoring and evaluating the progress of assigned projects and formally reporting progress to the Head of Programme Delivery and Operational Excellence and key stakeholders.
- • Setting up and monitoring project plans and budgets, implementing controls and escalation procedures.
- • Working collaboratively across all our jurisdictions and teams.
- • Undertaking Project Management and Business Analysis duties for ad hoc projects and initiatives, as agreed with the Head of Programme Delivery and Operational Excellence.
Experience, skills & technical knowledge required
- • Proven track record in project delivery and successful system implementations/upgrades, using different project management techniques – Prince 2, Agile and MSP is desirable.
- • Proven track record in business analysis, using the appropriate tools/techniques to define requirements and document processes – Lean Six Sigma, ISEB certifications are desirable.
- • Proven track record in dealing with stakeholders globally.
- • Demonstrable capability to manage complex, multi-jurisdictional projects through to successful completion.
- • Proven solution-orientated critical thinking with the ability to drive effective operational change and create unified and collaborative ways of working across the firm.
- • Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong understanding of change management and the alignment of this to the firm's culture, values and people.
- • Attention to detail with the ability to work closely and effectively with a diverse group of people at all levels and to establish and maintain effective and productive working relationships.
- • Strong IT and presentation skills (verbal and written).
- • Excellent analytical skills with proven strength in understanding complex business processes and problems (within a legal or financial services environment).
- • Ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload.
At Mourant, we nurture a culture of inclusivity and mutual respect, where people of all backgrounds and experience are equally empowered to reach their full potential. We believe in attracting, developing and enabling a diverse workforce. If you understand the importance of exceptional client service and share the same passion for our values, we'd really like to hear from you.