Revenue Control / Finance Officer, Jersey
Ready for a new challenge in a fast paced environment? We're looking for a Revenue Control / Finance Officer to join our friendly, professional in-house Finance team in Jersey.
In this role, you'll work closely with the Group Financial Controller and the Working Capital Manager in managing the firm's working capital across our global network.
You will have a day-to-day responsibility for billing and collections to support the effective management of working capital, improving cash flow and limiting exposure to bad debt. You'll work with partners and clients as their main point of contact for billing and collection matters through regular review meetings to discuss all WIP and accounts receivable balances.
If you've a proven track record of successfully operating within a partnership or professional service environment and enjoy building strong working relationships with clients and colleagues, we'd really like to hear from you.
Main duties and responsibilities
- • To work with the Group Financial Controller and the Working Capital Manager in managing the firm's working capital across all offices
- • To work with the Revenue Controllers and fee earners to ensure fees are invoiced to clients correctly and expediently
- • Respond promptly and professionally to client enquiries and fee earners requests
- • Act as a main point of contact for billing and collection matters on a day-to-day basis to maximise billing and collection
- • Liaise with clients, intermediaries, partners and fee earners to establish and progress account queries through to resolution
- • Ensure that global, client and matter fee arrangements are correctly implemented and followed
- • Establish strong working relationships with partners through regular review meetings to discuss all WIP and accounts receivable balances, document outcomes and follow up on agreed actions
- • Ascertain when transactions will complete, the levels of fees expected, and the anticipated bill date – taking any action required to facilitate the billing process
- • Provide detailed input to the accurate valuation of WIP/debtors on a periodic basis
- • Perform regular and ad hoc reporting for the Group FC, WCM, partners, fee earners and clients
- • Ensure VAT, GST and other local taxes are correctly reflected and accounted for
- • Interact with a wide range of contacts at different levels
- • Identify potential problems and escalate where necessary to maximise recoveries
- • Manage client balances held in respect of fees and disbursements ensuring that the firm is compliant with local law society rules and the relevant banks' customer due diligence and reporting requirements
Experience, skills & technical knowledge required
- • Strong 'A' levels, degree-level education and/or a professional qualification are desirable
- • Proven track record of successfully operating within a partnership culture and/or professional services environment
- • Strong team player with ability to develop effective working relationships with client facing and support departments alike
- • Confident and effective communicator able to work effectively at all levels within an organisation
- • Able to demonstrate high levels of initiative and decision making capability and to be comfortable working within a results driven environment with accuracy and focus
At Mourant, we nurture a culture of inclusivity and mutual respect, where people of all backgrounds and experience are equally empowered to reach their full potential. We believe in attracting, developing and enabling a diverse workforce and also welcome applications from candidates with a disability. If you understand the importance of exceptional client service and share the same passion for our values, we'd really like to hear from you.