Senior Associate, Mourant Consulting, Jersey
Are you a professional with sound knowledge of the Jersey regulatory regime? If so, we're looking for a new team member to join our growing consultancy business.
In this exciting new role, you'll support the Managing Director and Director of Mourant Consulting to build and develop our regulatory and compliance consulting business. You'll be responsible for the high quality delivery and execution of client mandates, collaborating with colleagues across Mourant.
In return, we can offer you an exciting and challenging place to work with exposure to varied and complex work. If you'd like to be part of our ambitious team, we'd really like to hear from you.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Support the Director and Managing Director of Mourant Consulting to build a profitable regulatory and compliance consulting business under the Mourant brand
- Assist in the development of products and services consistent with Mourant Consulting vision and strategy
- Ensure high quality client service levels by delivering on client mandates with colleagues collaboratively to ensure they are delivered effectively, to a high standard and meet deadlines
- Keep abreast of all regulatory changes and industry standards for the purpose of providing relevant products and services
- In conjunction with the Director provide technical advice on products and services to clients.
- Developing key client deliverables such as reports and working papers, including managing the input from Director and Managing Director before final submission to client
- Monitoring mandate risks, budgets and profitability, including identifying additional revenue opportunities
- Manage client expectations and nurture relationships to increase the potential for repeat business and referrals
- Supporting the Director and Managing Director, prepare for business development meetings with target clients, attending those meetings and helping to manage the opportunities pipeline. Development of client mandate proposals
- Work collaboratively with the law firm to ensure consultancy services are consistent with the 'one firm' approach
Experience, skills & technical knowledge required
- You will be educated to degree level, preferably professionally qualified with at least three years' experience
- Sound knowledge of the Jersey regulatory regime is essential and experience of other jurisdictions is desirable
- Client focused with an ability to listen and understand clients' needs and consistently exceed their expectations
- Possess strong intellectual rigour with a desire to build and maintain technical skills and expertise
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to facilitate workshops both internally and externally
- Excellent communication skills and experience of dealing with clients
- Proven ability to build strong, long lasting client relationships
- Strong project and people management skills
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
At Mourant, we nurture a culture of inclusivity and mutual respect, where people of all backgrounds and experience are equally empowered to reach their full potential. We believe in attracting, developing and enabling a diverse workforce. If you understand the importance of exceptional client service and share the same passion for our values, we'd really like to hear from you.