Senior Client Accountant, Mourant Governance Services, Jersey
Are you looking for a new challenge? We've an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Client Accountant to join our growing Governance Services team in Jersey. You'll be part of a friendly, professional team providing bespoke accounting and reporting services to a varied portfolio of clients. You'll work closely with members of the global Client Accounting team on the provision of accounting services to a range of client entities of Governance Services (Jersey, Guernsey, UK and Cayman).
In return, we can offer you an exciting place to work with exposure to varied and challenging work that enables you to grow both personally and professionally. If you'd like to be part of our ambitious team, we'd really like to hear from you.
Main duties & responsibilities
- • Maintain accurate and up-to-date accounting records in the client entity database (Viewpoint);
- • Assist with the preparation of accurate and timely financial statements;
- • Assist with preparation of monthly, quarterly and semi-annual reports and net asset valuations;
- • Ensure that you have a detailed understanding of the transactions you are dealing with and liaise with your line manager as required;
- • Work with colleagues to ensure client expectations and accounting deadlines are properly managed;
- • Collaborate with client administration and other colleagues providing explanations, advice and accounting support as and when required;
- • Ensure consistency of accounting service levels across all clients and deal swiftly with any identified issues;
- • Be familiar with and act at all times in accordance with the firm's policies and procedures; and
- • Show an awareness of the integration of Corporate Services across jurisdictions and also with the law firm, operating in a unified, consistent and co-ordinated manner.
Experience, skills & technical knowledge required
- • Previous experience of accounting systems, particularly Viewpoint would be an advantage
- • Good working knowledge of Excel
- • Strong excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- • A positive and flexible approach
- • An aptitude for data analysis/problem solving
- • Ability to manage and prioritise tasks, time and people in order to meet deadlines
- • Strong interpersonal skills
- • Pro-active and service orientated approach
- • Discretion and demonstrates good judgement
- • Ability to work independently
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills
At Mourant, we nurture a and mutual respect, where people of all backgrounds and experience are equally empowered to reach their full potential. We believe in attracting, developing and enabling a diverse workforce. If you understand the importance of exceptional client service and share the same passion for , we'd really like to hear from you.