Senior External Communications Manager,
If you've got a background in PR and campaign management at a law or professional services firm, we'd really like to hear from you!
We're looking for a senior manager to join our team and to lead the delivery of our communications globally. You'll be a creative external communications specialist who has proven PR skills, a real passion for devising and delivering compelling campaigns, and the ability to work collaboratively across the BD and marketing team environment.
You'll join our ambitious global team in a senior role that sits at the heart of our brand and communications strategy. We focus on shaping our approach, and delivering tailored messages continuously to clients and contacts across the world.
We're an offshore law firm and governance services business with offices in BVI, Cayman, Jersey, Guernsey, Hong Kong and London. We're flexible about the location of this role, please get in touch if you'd like to discuss.
Main duties and responsibilities
• In collaboration with the Chief Brand & Communications Officer (CBCO), develop, manage and implement a comprehensive and effective global external communications strategy aligned to the firm's vision, values and strategy.
• Working with practice group leads and BD colleagues, create and deliver the firm's external global communications campaigns, including our thought leadership programme and profiling the firm's external BD events/activities.
• Develop a media relations strategy to secure positive coverage that supports the external communications strategy.
• Working closely with the Brand & Communications team, manage and implement the firm's content strategy leveraging the firm's digital media platforms, including copywriting, editing and design creative development.
• Manage effective relationships with directory editors and execute a cross jurisdictional directories strategy in conjunction with the global BD team.
• Oversee the firm's annual advertising schedule, to ensure jurisdiction brand or service line advertising is negotiated and delivered on time.
• Set KPIs and be responsible for monitoring and measuring effectiveness of communications, providing on-going recommendations.
• Working with the CRM Manager, assist in the development of our digital channels, including the website and social media platforms
• Deputise for the CBCO in their absence on external communications matters.
Experience, skills & technical knowledge required
• Strong academic qualifications and education to degree level (ideally covering business or marketing related subjects) or hold the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) diploma or equivalent.
• Previous relevant experience in a communications role at manager level, ideally within the legal services profession.
• Preferably a minimum of 8 years' communications, PR and marketing experience in legal, professional or financial services, ideally with significant time spent working within partnerships.
• Must have a passion for marketing and PR/communications, be client orientated and service driven with a can do attitude.
• Have exceptional writing capabilities, high attention to detail and accuracy, and proven ability to manage agency relationships.
• Strong stakeholder engagement with strong influencing and communications skills and the ability to tailor style to suit the audience.
• Ability to build strong relationships quickly with a wide range of people, with the confidence, credibility and gravitas to work with senior people from across the firm
• Proficient in the main Microsoft applications and in the use of CMS website systems and social media platforms and analysis of share of voice, message penetration, followership and user journey concepts for presentation to partners and the BD teams
• Ability to understand core issues rapidly, demonstrating resilience and an ability to perform under pressure
• Project management skills: ability to manage and prioritise tasks, time, budgets and people in order to meet deadlines
• Strong commercial acumen: awareness and appreciation of the importance of return on BD & Marketing investment
At Mourant, we nurture a culture of inclusivity and mutual respect, where people of all backgrounds and experience are equally empowered to reach their full potential. We believe in attracting, developing and enabling a diverse workforce and also welcome applications from candidates with a disability. If you understand the importance of exceptional client service and share the same passion for our values, we'd really like to hear from you.