Senior Infrastructure Engineer, Guernsey or Jersey
We're looking for an enthusiastic Infrastructure Engineer to join our dynamic and professional Information Services team.
In this role, you'll be responsible for the high performance, maintenance and development of our network services infrastructure for our firm's global operations.
This is both a technical and hands-on role for an experienced and innovative individual. The role has an operational focus and requires strong communication with other members of the team, managers, business partners, suppliers and the wider business.
In return, we can offer you an exciting and challenging place to work in a supportive environment. If you have experience in a similar role and are ready for a new challenge, we'd really like to hear from you.
Main duties and responsibilities
- • Ensure the network services (and relevant infrastructure) that are within your remit are performing in a manner that meets organisational requirements. Ensure any necessary remedial action is carried out in line with the firm's expectations.
- • Help shape, develop and refine operational processes to improve confidentiality, integrity and availability.
- • Ensure all servers and infrastructure components are kept up-to-date with necessary operating system and infrastructure related security updates.
- • Work with other IT teams to report and resolve software, hardware and operational problems.
- • Be capable of recovering key technologies in the event of a BC or DR scenario.
Experience, skills & technical knowledge required
- • Proven track record in similar organisations supporting a medium sized business.
- • Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Active Directory and Windows Server operating systems (Server 2019, 2016, 2012)
- • Intermediate level knowledge in messaging (Microsoft Exchange, Mimecast, Egress)
- • Intermediate level knowledge of server virtualisation (VMware vSphere, ESXi, Site Recovery Manager)
- • Intermediate level knowledge of remote access technologies (Citrix, SSL/TLS VPN)
- • An intermediate level of knowledge of IP networking (specifically Cisco), telephony, firewalls, LANs, WANs and proxy servers.
- • A broad understanding of infrastructure technologies and ideas from beginner IT qualifications such as the CompTIA A+, Server+, Network+ and Security+ are essential.
At Mourant, we nurture a culture of inclusivity and mutual respect, where people of all backgrounds and experience are equally empowered to reach their full potential. We believe in attracting, developing and enabling a diverse workforce and also welcome applications from candidates with a disability. If you understand the importance of exceptional client service and share the same passion for our values, we'd really like to hear from you.