Team Lead - Registered Office Services, Mourant Governance Services, Cayman Islands
Are you looking for a new challenge? We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Registered Office Services professional to join our Governance Services team in Cayman.
As a team lead, you'll be responsible for managing the day-to-day work flows of the corporate administration team, supporting and developing the team to deliver high levels of client service. In this role, you'll be the key point of contact on all aspects of corporate administration, and will support the management team to implement effective work processes. You can be sure that your work will be varied with the exposure to challenging and complex work.
In return, we can offer you the opportunity for professional development in a supportive and progressive environment. If you'd like to join our friendly and ambitious team, we'd really like to hear from you.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Effectively manage the day-to-day work flows of the registered office business to include monitoring of capacity within the team and advising on any required adjustments to ensure appropriate division of workloads
- Monitoring the processing of client requests to ensure high quality and timely delivery, allocation and delegation of tasks as necessary, seamlessly slotting in to the corporate administration team to actively assist with urgent requests to ensure client needs are met
- Providing cover for team members who are on leave and acting as a point of contact and trouble-shooter for the corporate administration team with respect to technical queries and matters of relationship management
- Actively assist with developing the Registered Office (RO) business through the development of existing processes as well as new processes to expand internal efficiencies
- Assist management in resolving difficult issues within the teams where required and be proactive in suggesting improvements/solutions related to work flows and team structures
- Monitor the performance of the team(s); inform the senior management team of progress/issues and seek guidance where required; actively manage communication of issues to appropriate levels within Mourant Governance Services
- Oversee, delegate, assist and provide technical support and training to other team members as and when required on time sensitive, complex corporate services transactions for new business and transactional work ensuring deliverables are met
Experience, skills & technical knowledge required
- An undergraduate degree together with a relevant professional qualification such as ICSA or equivalent
- Must have at least five years' proven industry experience with a strong background in all areas of corporate administration
- Previous experience effectively managing and developing a corporate team.
- Strong working knowledge of Viewpoint, CORIS, REEFS, CAPS and general client database systems is essential, along with a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Package and Microsoft Outlook
- Strong knowledge of the Cayman Islands legal and regulatory framework as applied to the financial services industry and a clear understanding of the workings and remit of the Registrar of Companies, the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority and other relevant regulatory bodies
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential, together with the ability to delegate, build relationships, inspire others, work as part of a team to achieve a common goal and be self-motivated and career driven
At Mourant, we nurture a culture of inclusivity and mutual respect, where people of all backgrounds and experience are equally empowered to reach their full potential. We believe in attracting, developing and enabling a diverse workforce. If you understand the importance of exceptional client service and share the same passion for our values, we'd really like to hear from you.