Trainee Client Accountant, Mourant Governance Services, Jersey
Would you like to be part of our award winning and growing Governance Services team in Jersey? We're looking for a trainee Client Accountant to join our friendly and ambitious team.
You'll be responsible for providing bespoke accounting and reporting services to a varied and diverse portfolio of clients. In this role, you'll work closely with members of the Global Client Accounting team on the provision of accounting services to a range of client entities of Governance Services (Jersey, Guernsey, UK and Cayman) with particular emphasis on bookkeeping and maintenance of detailed accounting records to enable delivery of accurate accounts and periodic reports for a varied portfolio of clients (including, but not limited to, unit trusts, companies, partnerships and foundations) in accordance with agreed deadlines.
In return, we can offer you focused mentoring and support to ensure that you continue to develop both personally and professionally. Role specific training and mentoring will be provided by colleagues in the accounting team and comprehensive industry training via our in house learning programme and external providers as required. Support will be provided for completion of a professional accounting qualification (ACCA or equivalent).
If you have a love for figures and analytics, have good computing skills and are keen to develop as an accountant in a dynamic environment working alongside experienced accounting professionals, then we'd really like to hear from you.
Main duties and responsibilities
- • Maintain accurate and up-to-date accounting records in the client entity database (Viewpoint)
- • Assist with the preparation of accurate and timely financial statements
- • Assist with preparation of monthly, quarterly and semi-annual reports and net asset valuations
- • Develop a good understanding of the transactions you are dealing with and liaise with your line manager as required
- • Work with colleagues to ensure client expectations and accounting deadlines are properly managed
- • Ensure consistency of accounting service levels across all clients and deal swiftly with any queries
- • Be familiar with and act at all times in accordance with the firm's policies and procedures
Experience, skills & technical knowledge required
- • A basic knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting gained through studies or previous employment is preferred
- • Good working knowledge of Excel
- • Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- • A positive and flexible approach
- • An aptitude for data analysis/problem solving
- • Ability to manage and prioritise tasks, time and people in order to meet deadlines
- • Strong interpersonal skills
- • Pro-active and service orientated approach
- • Discretion and demonstrates good judgement
- • Ability to work independently
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills
At Mourant, we nurture a culture of inclusivity and mutual respect, where people of all backgrounds and experience are equally empowered to reach their full potential. We believe in attracting, developing and enabling a diverse workforce. If you understand the importance of exceptional client service and share the same passion for our values, we'd really like to hear from you.