Trainee Governance Officer, Jersey
Are you ready to grow your career? We have an exciting new opportunity for an enthusiastic and driven individual to start their career with our award winning and fast paced Governance Services team in Jersey.
You'll have a key role in providing support to the global in-house legal and governance function, with an interesting and diverse workload covering all of our six locations. In return, we can offer you focused mentoring and support to ensure you continue to grow both personally and professionally.
If you'd like to be part of our friendly and ambitious team, please get in touch today.
Main duties and responsibilities
In this role, you'll support the legal and governance team with the following duties:
• Promote best practice corporate governance in Mourant Governance Services in line with our voluntary adoption of the UK Corporate Governance Code
Board and committee meetings:
• Organise and attend (if required) standard and ad hoc meetings of Mourant Governance Services boards and committees while ensuring compliance with applicable law, articles of association and terms of reference
• Prepare and send virtual board packs with structured and coherent agendas using the Board Intelligence software
• Draft minutes for board and committee meetings
• Prepare board and committee papers, reports and action trackers
• Record, follow up on and proactively encourage progress from internal stakeholders on their board and committee action points
• Assist with entity administration including maintenance of registers and statutory books, filings and registration renewals to ensure Mourant Governance Services companies remain in good corporate standing
• Maintenance of the Authorised Signatory List for Mourant Governance Services companies
• Maintenance of the due diligence documentation on existing directors of Mourant Governance Services companies and responding to due diligence requests
• Assisting with the induction of new directors including the preparation and distribution of standard induction packs using Board Intelligence
• Deal with queries and information requests from a variety of internal and external stakeholders including the auditors
• Create easy to follow checklists, policies and procedures, and guidance for routine company secretarial tasks
• Acting as a point of contact on governance related matters for the company secretaries, directors and senior management in all Mourant Governance Services jurisdictions and assisting with the co-ordination of group-wide governance projects
• Assisting with other day-to-day routine and ad hoc governance tasks
• Become secretary of one or more committees and/or Mourant Governance Services companies
Experience, skills & technical knowledge required
• Ability to build close working relationships across Mourant
• A self-starter, proactive and the ability to manage and take ownership of your own workload
• Enthusiastic, willing to learn and keen to expand their comfort zone
• Highly organised and deadline orientated
• Able to handle the pressure of prioritising competing demands in a fast paced working environment
• Diligent with strong attention to detail
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and listening skills
• A passion for technology and always looking for new and innovative ways of doing things (for example, coding and automation)
• Advanced MS Office skills particularly Outlook, Word and Excel
• Knowledge of entity administration databases like Viewpoint and portals like HighQ is beneficial - training will be provided
• An understanding of legislative and regulatory requirements for TCB and FSB is desirable, but not essential as training will be provided.
At Mourant, we nurture a culture of inclusivity and mutual respect, where people of all backgrounds and experience are equally empowered to reach their full potential. We believe in attracting, developing and enabling a diverse workforce. If you understand the importance of exceptional client service and share the same passion for our values, we'd really like to hear from you.