I’m a Partner in our Finance and Corporate team.
I advise global corporate and financial institutions on a wide range of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, schemes of arrangement, IPOs and listings. I also advise on banking and structured finance transactions; and bond issuances.
- Shire plc in relation to its £46bn takeover by Takeda (2019)
- ETFS Securities in relation to the sale of its European exchange-traded commodity businesses to WisdomTree (2018)
- Informa plc in relation to its £3.9bn takeover of UBM plc (2018)
- Each of Informa plc, Beazley plc and Regus plc in relation to the introduction of a new holding company by Jersey scheme of arrangement
What the directories say
- "A good team player, and very commercial. Sensible advice." IFLR1000 UK 2020
- "Robert is an exceptional corporate lawyer and a great individual." Chambers and Partners UK 2020
- Robert Hickling "Is a very good lawyer with a good reputation" Chambers UK, 2019
- Ranked as the leading lawyer for 'Corporate and Finance' in Jersey by the Chambers Directory 2018 (the only lawyer to achieve a Band 1 ranking)
- Ranked as a leading individual for 'Corporate and Commercial' and 'Structured Finance' by the Legal500 Directory 2018
Read more about Robert Hickling