I’m Counsel in our Cayman Litigation practice.
I joined Mourant Ozannes in 2014, having practised in the Cayman Islands for the previous three years. Prior to this, I practised in Jamaica and in chambers in London.
My practice covers all areas of international commercial, insolvency and contentious trust litigation. I’ve frequently appeared before the Cayman Islands Grand Court and its Court of Appeal.
- Attorney-at-Law, Cayman Islands, 2012
- Called to the Jamaican Bar, 2010 (currently non-practising)
- Called to the Bar of England and Wales as an Inner Temple Scholar, 2007 (currently non-practising)
- First Class Law degree from the University of Liverpool
- The Honourable Society of the Inner Temple
- Primeo Fund – acting for the joint official liquidators of Primeo Fund, one of the Madoff Feeder Funds, in relation to various proceedings
- Herald Fund – acting for one of Herald's stakeholders, which has been appointed to act as a representative party with respect to a number of preliminary legal issues in the liquidation
- Saad litigation – acting for the Algosaibi family in its US$9.2bn action against various Cayman Islands companies.
What the directories say
"Counsel Christopher Levers is doing a good job.", Legal 500, 2020.
"Chris Levers is getting a growing reputation as counsel.", Legal 500, 2020.
'Christopher Levers is "very responsive"', Legal 500 Caribbean, 2019.
Read more about Christopher Levers