I’m a Senior Associate in our Finance and Corporate practice. I joined the firm's Jersey office in 2015 and subsequently relocated to Hong Kong.
I have a broad range of experience in banking and finance transactions, with a particular focus on acquisition and leveraged finance, real estate finance, ship finance and general corporate lending.
I also advise on corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and equity investments.
Prior to joining Mourant in 2015, I worked for Sidley Austin in London.
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales, 2014 (currently non-practising)
- Legal Practice Course with Distinction, 2012
- Honours degree in Law at the University College of London, 2011
- Providing BVI and Cayman Islands law advice in connection with China Vanke's participation in a consortium to take Global Logistic Properties Ltd private – a transaction valued at approximately US$11.6bn. This deal was Singapore's largest M&A deal on record and Asia's largest private equity buyout.
- Providing BVI and Cayman Islands law advice to CTBC Bank Co Ltd on certain senior loan facilities in connection with the US$800 million acquisition of Tricor Holdings Limited, a leading provider of integrated corporate services, by Trivium Investment Limited, a subsidiary of global private equity firm, Permira.
- Recognised by China Business Law Journal's "Deals of the Year" 2017 for the landmark deal advising China's Shipbuilding Industry Corporation (CSIC) Leasing on its first ever ship lease financing, a US65.5m sale and leaseback transaction with Eletson Corporation, a Greek tanker owner and operator.
- Recognised by Asia Business Law Journal's "Deals of the Year" 2017 for advising Caldera Pacific on its US$123.7m acquisition of a 40% stake in Dragon Capital, Vietnam's largest asset management company, in partnership with Samsung Securities.
- The American Bar Association
What the directories say
Legal 500 Asia-Pacific, 2019 describes Peter Vas as "very responsive."
Read more about Peter Vas