I’m a Senior Associate in our International Trusts & Private Client team, specialising in Guernsey, Cayman and BVI law. I am based in our London office, but travel to Guernsey regularly.
My practice covers advising trustees, beneficiaries and settlors in relation to a broad spectrum of contentious and non-contentious trust, foundation and private client matters.
- Received an Excellence Award for obtaining a distinction and the highest mark worldwide in the STEP Diploma in International Trust Management, 2020
- Qualified as a trust and estate practitioner (TEP) upon completion of the STEP Diploma in International Trust Management with distinction, obtaining full membership with STEP, 2019
- Received a Worldwide Excellence Award for obtaining a distinction and the highest mark worldwide in the STEP Advanced Certificate in Company Law & Practice, 2018
- Completed the STEP Advanced Certificate in Trust Creation: Law and Practice with distinction, 2018
- Completed the STEP Advanced Certificate in Company Law and Practice with distinction, 2018
- Completed the STEP Advanced Certificate in Trust Administration and Accounts with distinction, 2019
- Completed the STEP Advanced Certificate in Trustee Investment and Financial Appraisal with distinction, 2019
- Admitted as a Solicitor, England & Wales, September 2015 (currently non-practising)
- Advising in respect of the establishment of a bespoke private trust foundation for an UNHW private client
- Advising an executor and corporate trustees in the administration of a substantial cross-jurisdictional estate
- Advising a corporate trustee in the contentious division of a multi-million dollar trust fund between two sides of a family, culminating in a second category Public Trustee v Cooper application (ongoing)
- I co-authored the Guernsey chapter for "Asset Protection: Domestic and International Law and Tactics" (published by Lexis Nexis).
Read more about Sophie Denman