Senior System Support & Development Analyst, Guernsey or Jersey
Ready to join our award winning global team? We're looking for a Senior System Support & Development Analyst to join our global Application Support team.
In this role, you'll work closely with the Strategy Programme Management team, IT colleagues and third parties to provide innovative solutions in the development, support and maintenance of the firm's business applications.
If you're an experienced, solution focused and proactive analyst looking for a new challenge, we'd really like to hear from you.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Support, on-going development and maintenance of business-line applications (both internally developed and vendor-specific)
- Work with clients, third parties, the Strategy Programme Management team, and IT colleagues to help identify requirements and deliver enhancements and changes to the business
- Design, implement and deliver solutions, with associated training and knowledge handover
- Research and develop existing or new technology to enhance offering to the business and our clients, as well as for the IT team
Experience, skills & technical knowledge required
- At least five years in a team responsible for providing support and administration of business applications
- Able to demonstrate and communicate ability and experience in an analytical role within a Legal or Financial Services environment
- Able to demonstrate successful delivery of complex projects and effective management of suppliers, consultants and other third-parties
- Proven track record in delivering, developing, supporting and integrating complex business applications for medium/large organisations
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong proactive problem-solving skills able to work alone or as part of the team
- Programming and support skills in T-SQL, SQL Reporting Services, SQL Analysis Services and SQL Data Warehousing
- Basic knowledge of programming languages such as .NET Framework, Visual Basic and tools like Visual Studio would be advantageous
- Knowledge of legal sector technology such as iManage Work, Elite 3e, Intapp (Open, Time, Integrate) and Viewpoint are highly desirable, but training can be given for the right candidate
- Experience in delivering client-facing and business to business solutions would be beneficial as this is a space which is growing rapidly
- Microsoft Azure cloud and any experience in migrating and transitioning from on premises to cloud technologies is valuable
- Educated to 'A' level or degree standard or can demonstrate significant knowledge gained through experience in a similar working environment. The degree subject should preferably be IT related, but exceptions can be made if the right experience is demonstrable
At Mourant, we nurture a culture of inclusivity and mutual respect, where people of all backgrounds and experience are equally empowered to reach their full potential. We believe in attracting, developing and enabling a diverse workforce. If you understand the importance of exceptional client service and share the same passion for our values, we'd really like to hear from you.