Trusts in Crisis Jersey Webinar Series
19 October 2020
Find below the first in a new series of webinars from our International Trusts and Private Client and Litigation teams in Jersey, who will examine the various types of crises that trusts and trustees can face
The first session, which was delivered by Partners Ed Devenport, Justin Harvey-Hills and Stephen Alexander, reviews the following scenarios:
• How to manage a situation where a settlor, beneficiary or other office holder loses capacity, or it is unclear whether they have done so;
• Topically, how to manage liquidity issues and the legal risks that may arise if the trust fund suddenly drops in value.
• How trustees can identify and manage potential conflicts of interest.
Please find below the second in a series of webinars from our International Trusts and Private Client and Litigation teams in Jersey, examining the various types of crises that trusts and trustees can face.
The session, which was delivered by Bruce Lincoln, Ed Devenport and Mathew Cook, reviewed the following scenarios:
• How to respond when allegations of money laundering are made affecting trust assets.
• How trustees should deal with requests for information from beneficiaries and others in the case of beneficiary divorce proceedings, and whether they should submit to the jurisdiction of a foreign divorce court.
• The problems that arise where there is a dispute as to the validity of appointments and removals of trustees and other fiduciaries such as protectors.