I’m an Associate and Advocate in our Jersey Private Client Litigation Practice, acting on a wide range of criminal, family and civil matters.
Prior to joining Mourant Ozannes in 2016, I practised in London for several years in crime, fraud and regulatory as a Solicitor-Advocate. My practice in criminal defence included a mix of both Magistrates Court and Crown Court matters. I was later employed in-house at the General Pharmaceutical Council, as a prosecutor investigating professional disciplinary cases and bringing them before the Fitness to Practice Tribunal. I also worked in-house for the Institute for Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), dealing with contentious regulatory matters and prosecuting cases before the Disciplinary Tribunal against members of the ICAEW.
In 2018 I undertook a 9 month secondment at Jersey Finance as a Technical Manager specialising in private wealth.
In 2019 I undertook a 6 month secondment in Mourant Governance Services Jersey Limited as in-house Counsel.
- Admitted as a Jersey Advocate, 2018
- Qualified as a Solicitor-Advocate, 2012 (non-practising)
- Admitted as a Solicitor, England, 2011 (non-practising)
- Called to the Bar, 2009
- LLB from Cardiff University and Bar Vocational Course from BPP London
- The Law Society
- Middle Temple
- Institute of Directors Jersey - Chair of Membership Committee and Vice-Chair of the Diversity Sub-Committee 2019/2020
- Advising institutional clients on the scope and extent of disclosures required by orders and directions issued by local and international tax and regulatory authorities, as well as advising on conflicting issues of confidentiality. I’ve also acted for individuals made subject to these orders and directions, bringing claims for judicial review on their behalf.
- Acting for two defendant institutions in high-value proceedings brought by two overseas companies against them for dishonest assistance.
- Advising a professional trustee in relation to its disclosure obligations in the context of high-value divorce proceedings.
- Acting for two beneficiaries of two family discretionary trusts in a long-running dispute between the family members.
Read more about Julia-Anne Dix