Are you a Caymanian about to complete the Legal Practice Course (LPC), the Professional Practise Course (PPC) or the Bar Vocational Course (BVC), and are you looking for a dynamic and challenging experience within a leading offshore law firm? Are you looking to secure your Articles of Clerkship and advance your legal career with a top rated law firm? If so, we'd really like to hear from you.
Applications for Articles of Clerkship are considered throughout the year by the Career Development Committee. We recognize that not all students may be ready to commence their training at the same time each year and we are happy to work with varying start dates. Candidates ideally should have achieved a minimum upper second class degree in their LLB studies, and a Commendation at the LPC/PPC or a Very Competent at the BVC.
What do we provide?
- • Competitive annual training salaries
- • Training in all key practice areas
- • Online resources with help and general information for you
- • Personal mentor for the whole period of your Articles; during and outside of placements
- • Support and expert guidance along with constructive feedback and valuable career advice
- • Possibility of a career with Mourant when you finish your training
How to apply
To apply*, please submit the following documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- • Cover letter outlining your education and results, any prior internships or past work experience, your interests outside of work, and why you feel Mourant is the right fit for you;
- • A current CV;
- • Proof of Caymanian status;
- • Copies of your academic and professional qualifications and transcripts;
- • Two references from non-family members;
- • Any other documentation you feel would best support your application.
*Please note that applications will be accepted starting September 2021