I’m a Senior Associate in our Jersey Employment practice, specialising in employment law advice and litigation. I also support businesses in complying with Jersey’s data protection and regulatory frameworks.
Prior to joining Mourant Ozannes in 2017, I practised with Bevan Brittan in London, acting in a wide range of employment disputes. I previously completed a client secondment in an employee relations role.
Admitted to practice in England and Wales, 2012 (currently non-practising)
Completed the Legal Practice Course, London, with distinction
Studied Law at the University of Manchester (LLB, MA with distinction)
Employment Lawyers Association
Jersey Data Protection Association
- Advising an offshore investment business in respect of a restructure and exit of key members of its senior management team.
- Acting for an aviation business in relation to a Tribunal claim for sexual harassment concerning allegations about a serving employee.
- Acting for an international banking group and one of its senior managers in relation to a Tribunal claim for age and sex discrimination.
- Advising an offshore wealth management business in respect of an alleged data theft and threatened proceedings for inducement of breach of contract.
- Advising an international trust business in respect of overlapping disciplinary and regulatory processes, relating to a serving senior executive.
- Advising a global financial services provider in responding to a complex data subject access request in the context of an ongoing commercial dispute.
What clients say
"…practical, commercial, very responsive and proactive…"
Read more about Laurie Child