I work in a team of expert business advisors at Mourant in Jersey. My practice is focussed on:
- Employment and discrimination law: specialist representation in employment disputes and Tribunal claims, and day to day support on strategic and operational HR matters.
- Regulatory advice and support: the crossover between employment and regulatory obligations, including housing and work controls and the regulation of financial services.
- Data protection law: compliance with both the external and internal aspects of Jersey's data protection framework, in parallel with the introduction of the GDPR across the EU.
I joined Mourant Ozannes in 2017, having qualified and practised as an English solicitor.
Solicitor, England and Wales, 2012 (currently non-practising)
Employment Lawyers Association
Jersey Data Protection Association
- Advising an offshore investment business in respect of a restructure and exit of key members of its senior management team.
- Acting for an aviation business in relation to a Tribunal claim for sexual harassment concerning allegations about a serving employee.
- Acting for an international banking group and one of its senior managers in relation to a Tribunal claim for age and sex discrimination.
- Advising an offshore wealth management business in respect of an alleged data theft and threatened proceedings for inducement of breach of contract.
- Advising an international trust business in respect of overlapping disciplinary and regulatory processes, relating to a serving senior executive.
- Advising a global financial services provider in responding to a complex data subject access request in the context of an ongoing commercial dispute.
Read more about Laurie Child