I joined Mourant Ozannes’ Jersey office in 2005 and subsequently completed a secondment with Jersey Finance, where I coordinated areas of commercial law reform with industry and government representatives.
I advise hedge, real estate and private equity funds and fund promoters, and have helped establish multiple high-profile investment platforms .
I specialise in advising on the establishment, restructuring and financing of investment structures, equity raises, investor EGMs and investor relations.
My clients include ActivumSG, Alcentra, Alphabet, Blackstone, Deutsche Bank, Nuveen Real Estate, Société Générale and Vitol.
- Solicitor in England and Wales (currently non-practising), 2005 (not admitted in Jersey)
- Completed the Legal Practice Course at the College of Law (Guildford Branch)
- Studied Law & European Legal Studies at the Universities of Southampton and Nantes
- Advising Queensgate in connection with the acquisition of Grange hotels in central London for circa £1bn
- Advising IG4 Capital with their agreement with AIMCO to inject $107 million into investment vehicles and funds managed by IG4
- Advising Vitol in connection with a €200 Renewables Fund established with Low Carbon
- Advising China Investment Corporation in connection with its €12.3bn acquisition of Logicor from Blackstone
- Advising Sole Shipping AS in relation to the establishment of its first shipping equity fund targeting investor commitments of $250 million
- Advising Alcentra Limited in relation to the establishment of the Alcentra European Direct Lending Fund with investor commitments totalling €850 million
- Advising ActivumSG Capital Management Limited in relation to the establishment of its Jersey real estate funds with over €1bn of investor commitments
- Providing Jersey advice to Henderson Global Investors in connection with its $22.6bn joint venture with North American financial services provider, TIAA-CREFA
- Advising CVC Capital Partners in connection with the acquisition of a controlling interest in Formula One
What the directories say
Alistair Horn ‘is entirely focused on the client’s needs and getting the project done.’ Legal 500 UK, 2019.
"Combines command of the technical detail with commercial pragmatism" – Legal 500, 2018
Read more about Alistair Horn