I’m General Counsel for Mourant Governance Services.
I have primary responsibility for legal issues affecting our business. My main areas of interest are new products and innovation, commercial contracts, data protection, outsourcing and terms of business. I have won international awards for corporate governance and company law. I also act as a director for in-house and client companies.
I previously worked for our Finance and Corporate teams in Jersey and Hong Kong. I advised on a broad range of transactions including M&A, joint ventures, equity and debt restructurings and lender and borrower side financings. I have particular experience in private equity and completed a secondment with CVC Capital Partners in Hong Kong.
Before joining Mourant Ozannes, I was a solicitor in Pinsent Masons' Corporate and Commercial team.
- Lean Six Sigma, Green and Yellow Belts, 2020
- Computer Science for Lawyers (CS50), Harvard University, 2020
- Chartered Governance Professional, ICSA, 2020
- Diploma in International Trust Management, STEP, 2019
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (Europe), IAPP, 2019
- Certified Information Privacy Manager, IAPP, 2019
- Chartered Secretary, ICSA, 2017
- Solicitor, England and Wales, 2015
- Solicitor, Scotland, 2012
- Diploma in Legal Practice, Glasgow Graduate School of Law, 2010
- LLB (First Class Honours), Glasgow University, 2009
- The Law Society of England and Wales
- The Law Society of Scotland
- ICSA (The Chartered Governance Institute) - Fellow (FCG)
- STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners) - Full Member (TEP)
- IAPP (International Association of Privacy Professionals) - Full Member (CIPM CIPP/E)
Read more about Jamie Wisbey