I’m an employment law and local business specialist in our Jersey Litigation practice.
I advise on a wide range of contentious and non-contentious employment and discrimination law matters, including contracts of employment, employment arrangements, corporate M&A, HR support, highvalue and complex dismissals, and restructurings and tribunal claims.
I regularly advise on general commercial litigation including enforcement, dégrèvement and property matters as well as focusing on advising clients on the relocation of businesses and the establishment of new businesses in the island, business and employment licences, immigration advice and work permits.
I also have further experience in advising on competition law and data protection matters.
In addition, I regularly contribute articles to publications and provide training to clients on employment issues and legal developments.
I joined the firm in October 2012 and qualified as a Jersey Solicitor of the Royal Court in January 2017.
- Solicitor, Jersey, 2017
- Law and Criminology degree (LLB) 2:1, Cardiff University, June 2012
- Jersey Law Society
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Acting for a global trust, corporate and fund services specialist in advising in relation to an unfair dismissal claim and an age discrimination claim before the Jersey Employment and Discrimination Tribunal.
- Advising a global bank and trust company in relation to the termination of a senior employee including potential Tribunal, defamation and breach of contract proceedings.
- Acting for a specialist banking lender in relation to heavily contested dégrèvement proceedings in the Royal Court.
- Advising a high value charitable foundation in relation to the establishment of a physical presence in the Island.
- Advising a leading global security services provider in respect of the enforceability of restrictive covenants for a senior employee in the security services industry.
- Advising a learning provider in relation to a competition law filing to the Channel Islands Competition Regulatory Authority.
What clients/the directories say
- Your assistance has "been invaluable".
- The team are "very professional and thorough. They provide quick responses and a depth of knowledge."
Read more about Katie Phillips