I am Managing Director of Mourant Consulting, a governance, risk and compliance consultancy business.
Prior to establishing Mourant Consulting I was Director of Policy & Risk at the Jersey Financial Services Commission (JFSC).
I have 20+ years regulatory experience at the Jersey & Australian Financial Services regulators.
- Regularly deputised as Director General & worked closely with the current DG & Chair;
- Sat on the Executive Board and attended Board of Commissioner meetings;
- Sat on the High-Risk Business Committee and Risk Committee;
- Chaired and attended Enforcement Review Committees;
- As CRO, oversaw the building of the JFSC’s new risk model and ERM framework;
- JFSC lead on Island Joint Financial Crime Strategy Group;
- Policy lead on all international, domestic, financial crime, risk and data matters;
- Led JFSC policy response on key initiatives such as AIFMD and Fintech;
- Represented the JFSC at IOSCO – C5, C8, ERC, Hedge Funds Committees;
- Prior to executive roles, led the authorisation team and 10 years supervisory experience.
- A specialist in ASIC’s hedge fund division & was appointed to lead a market misconduct taskforce;
- Worked for Deloitte in London in regulatory consulting and for Crestbridge in Jersey.
- Harvard Business School alumni - 2019
- IOD diploma & certificate – 2015-16
- Chartered member of the CISI – 2000-2012
- BA (Hons) – University of Plymouth - 2000