Sexual harassment in the work place - how to deal with issues in 2019 and beyond
As an employer in Guernsey, you may well be looking on from the side-lines at high-profile scandals and allegations in the #metoo era. But have you considered the risks if your company were to find itself at the centre of something similar?
This seminar will help you to understand the risks and, should you find your company in the middle of an allegation, tips to help you to navigate the legal and practical challenges surrounding sexual harassment claims.
During the 45 minute panel session our experts will consider:
• what constitutes sexual harassment;
• to what extent is intention relevant;
• how you can balance the rights of the accuser and the accused;
• how do you deal with reputational issues within and outside the organisation;
• whether or not confidentiality clauses in compromise agreements are fit for purpose; and
• potential regulatory issues.
Our panel discussion will be chaired by Mourant Partner Jessica Roland, who will be joined by Senior Associate Rachel Guthrie and Associate Hana Plsek, Dave Sauvarin (CEO, Northern Trust) and Nichole Culverwell (Director, Black Vanilla).