Getting the Deal Done M&A Webinar
26 June 2020
We really enjoyed speaking with clients and contacts across the Channel Islands this week as part of our 'Getting the Deal Done' seminar.
Partners Frances Watson and John Lewis from Guernsey, and Counsel Neil McCarroll from Jersey gave a webinar covering some current key themes in the Channel Islands M&A market.
Try as we might, we couldn't avoid discussing how we think the pandemic is likely to shape M&A deals in the short to medium term. We looked at this, as well as our general experience, in the following areas:
• Current issues arising in M&A transaction documents
• Transaction timing issues in the current environment
• Due diligence and warranties – how the landscape is shifting here
• Pre-closing conditions – how buyers and sellers are allocating risk
• Distressed acquisitions –the key considerations for buyers and sellers
• Obtaining financing – the reaction of lenders to M&A transactions in the current deal landscape?
• Pricing terms – money matters and a potential shift in the structure for paying the sale price
• Financial due diligence – sharing views from KPMG on how financial due diligence should be approached in the current market
If you'd like to receive a copy of our webinar for download, please do get in touch and we'd be delighted to share this.